Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ressurect!!!

I thought it would've been a good idea to return to blogging to polish up my writing skills. I hope this won't be the last post in a long time.

There are many things happening right now.
- My faith is eroding.
- I'm starting to get scared for SPM.
- I haven't played my bass guitar for quite sometime.

Well I wasn't dead yet so I guess my blog must continue as long as I'm alive.

But it's not all bad. Something good happened too.


For the first time in an extremely long time. I was back to being a kid. Toy Story was the first film I can recall watching on cinema as a toddler. I missed Toy Story 2 because it was sold out but at least I grabbed the third and final Toy Story film.

But third installments have a bad history. Jurassic Park III was a load of crap, The Godfather Part III wasn't bad but it wasn't good either, the third installments of Die Hard, Rambo and Indiana Jones placed the series on hiatus for more than 10 years. The only good part 3 I remember watching is The Bourne Ultimatum.

Sadly I didn't get the chance to watch it in 3D but well anything will do.

I won't leak the plot because it'll spoil everything. The best bits are the ones unseen in the trailer. The Latin Buzz Lightyear was unexpected but fun in it's own way, the villain is not who you think it is and Mr Potato Head turns into Mr Tortilla Face and Mr Cucumber sorta.

Like the previous Toy Story it was flawless yet extraordinary. I tried hard to remember anything bad or wasn't good but can't find em. But how does it sums up to Toy Story and Toy Story 2. I happily describe it negatively. Not as good, not even close but BETTER.

A perfect 10 movie. This one does go TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!




I've finished a few novels recently. And my adult novel collection ballooned. I've brought 7 Jason Bourne novels, 2 Star Wars novels, 3 Hannibal Lecter novels and a few others.




Being a fan of the Bourne movies, I tried out the book. To my surprise(unsure if it's good or bad) it has a very different plot compared to the movie.

There are two villains in the novel. Alexander Conklin, the chief operative of Treadstone and Carlos, a rival assassin who is bent on killing Bourne. While Conklin remained in the film version of The Bourne Identity as the villain, the novel counterpart is somewhat not as villainous and is revealed to be a former ally to David Webb(Bourne's real name).

The film makes no reference to Bourne's military past in Vietnam probably to update the character. The novel also has the romance element between Jason and Marie which doesn't give you the lovey-dovey feeling and quite lurid as a romance material. But Robert Ludlum isn't a romance writer and Jason Bourne isn't exactly Romeo.

Well at least the film version of Jason Bourne is parallel to the novel. It's easy to read it with Matt Damon in your head.





Star Wars: Death Troopers is nothing but Left4Dead + Resident Evil + Alien(first film) with Han Solo, Chewbacca and a few others in the mix. The plot is basically a damaged prison shuttle forced to dock on an abandoned Imperial Star Destroyer filled with thousands of zombies.

I guess the novel represents a desperate attempt from Star Wars to cash in the zombie craze stimulated by Left4Dead probably. But it has plenty of blood, guts, gross-ness but what makes it particularly scary is that everything's dark. However, the element of the zombies' ability to learn is kinda silly. Imagine playing L4D where zombies LEARN how to shoot and drive stuff.

No comments: